History

ASAKUSA IMAHAN

The history of Asakusa Imahan

The present proprietor is the sixth from the founder. As our predecessor has some foresight, he noticed beef, which was becoming popular during Meiji era. More than one hundred year has passed since the shop opened. Devising Beef Tsukudani (beef boiled down in our own sauce), having many Beef Tsukudani Shops in famous department stores, producing GYU DON (a bowl of rice topped with beef) etc. through more than 100 years in Meiji, Taisho, Showa, and Heisei eras, the store seemed to set the trend with keeping its tradition as a challenger, rather than rely upon the name and history of the shop. Toward the new generation, we, Asakusa Imahan, are progressively particular about our tastes and hearts.

1895 Apri

The founder, Hantaro Takaoka, came up to Tokyo from Okayama prefecture, then he opened Gyu-meshi (old name for Sukiyaki) restaurant at Honjyo-Azumabashi.

1913 June

2nd era Koji Takaoka opened "Imahan" restaurant at Asakusa Kaminarimon Gate with Hantaro Aizawa who was a distant relation.

1928 March

Independent as "Asakusa Imahan" and then opened at the present address.

1931 April

Reorganized and established as "Imahan limited liability company".

1945 January

Imahan contrived Beef Tsukudani (beef boiled down in our own sauce) goods and began producing and selling.).

1953

Asakusa Imahan Nihonbashi branch opened (It became another company later).

1954

Tsukudani shop opened at Ginza Matsuzakaya. (Since then, Tsukudani shop opened at many famous department stores in Tokyo successively.)

1955 January

GYU-DON (a bowl of rice topped with beef) came into the world.

1956 March

Imahan limited liability company changed to Imahan Co. Ltd.

1966 December

Emiko Takaoka was installed as the 4th era president.

1982 March

Shuichi Takaoka was installed as the 5th era president.

1982 June

The excellent corporation awarding.

1982 July

Funabashi-Factory office building was completed.

1988 October

The excellent corporation awarding.

1989 November

Kokusai Street Head Restaurant became independent as Takahan Co. Ltd. from Imahan Co. Ltd.

1993 June

The excellent corporation awarding.

1995 January

Asakusa Imahan Orange Street branch Restaurant opened.

1995 April

Imahan reached the 100th anniversary.

1998 June

The excellent corporation awarding.

2002 June

Asakusa Imahan Bento-Studio opened in Asakusa.

2005 May

The excellent corporation awarding.

2010 April

Imahan reached the 115th anniversary.

2010 June

The excellent corporation awarding.

HEAD OFFICE

IMAHAN Co., LTD.

2-17-4, NISHI-ASAKUSA, TAITO-KU, TOKYO , JAPAN.
111-0035
TEL:+81-3-3842-8656 FAX:+81-3-3842-8718

HEAD OFFICE

Kokusai Street Head Restaurant

3-1-12, NISHI-ASAKUSA, TAITO-KU, TOKYO, JAPAN.
111-0035
TEL:+81-3-3841-1114 FAX:+81-3-3843-2224
MAIL: info@asakusaimahan.co.jp